View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Know of any discounts, allowances, rebates?

I'm trying to find all of the current incentives currently available before I place an order on a new 3. I know theres: $300 off coupon code if you request a test drive via BMW's iPhone app IF you're a current BMW FS customer (which I'm not)... then there's the $1,000 allowance if you participate in BMW's for Team USA event (which doesn't work for me either because the closest one is 800 miles away)... then there's the $500 rebate check from BMW CCA if you've been a member for the last year or more with no lapse (which I have been, yay!).

Anyone know of any others?

Currently, I'm going to negotiate with the dealer for $1K over invoice. And I'm planning on doing European Delivery, as well, which BMW takes $2,940 off the MSRP for. But any other discounts, allowances, rebates or incentives that will take get BMW to take off additional?

Truthfully, I'm not interested in doing the European Delivery all that much and just doing it for the big discount. If I could find some other incentive like the Team for USA event that gives me $1,500 off, I'd just bag the ED discount as that would be a better deal. Airfare to Munich will cost me $1,500 alone. With hotel, gas, airport transfers, and all that jazz, it will easily jump to $2,250 even if I just go for a few days. So I'm really only saving $700 by doing a European Delivery (because I could just put that $2,250 I'd have to spend in travel costs as a down payment and it would lower my payment the same). So if I could find some other incentive to cut $1,000 or better yet, $1,500 off the price, I'd rather hit that up and forgo the European Delivery.

Any suggestions?

Re ED... I know it's cool and all and a great first-class experience but (1) I have no one to go with so I'd be solo which ain't much fun, (2) I'd rather not risk damage to my car by driving it around there and then dropping it off and then all kinds of different people getting in and out of it once I drop it off and (3) would only go for a few days if I went and that wouldn't give me enough time to put 1,200 miles on it so I couldn't do the Nurburgring anyway. Plus, I suspect if I didn't do ED, I might get my car here in the States slightly sooner. I'm really on the fence with it. Since I only save $700 (after travel expenses), I'm not sure it's really worth doing ED especially since I'd be doing it solo.
Appreciate 0