09-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
I guess, I'm no expert and noticed the guy 'correcting' him or proving an explanation. From Randy's point of view the BMW's OEM tire felt the best out of all the OEM tires. That could be considered subjective. But then objectively, looking at the lap time delta, I think the numbers backed his observation up. The Mustang got better with the more aggressive tires than the BMW did. That leads me to believe that the BMW started off with better tires.

The BMW did come with the summer tires while the Mustang rocked the All Seasons, so I'd like to think the BMW tires were better.

Regardless, the whole point was that better tires = better track times and there's no debating that.
The BMW run flat summers should be better than regular all seasons, though it probably depends a lot on the tire/brand. For example, the new Michelin AS3 or whatever is supposed to be an incredible AS tire.

It's pretty well known that BMW has been putting much better RF tires on their newer cars than when they first started this. But this is just info I've read here + there, no lap times to back it up!
Appreciate 0