RxCritical
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
That's interesting indeed. Wonder why?

BTW, do you keep the headrest down that low because your head rests in the middle of the rest when it's all the way down?

I'm 6-1" and find I have to put the headrest up a good bit so that my head sits comfortably towards the middle of the headrest.
To work properly the headrest needs to be adjusted so that your is fully supported by the headrest when you lay back into it.
Your head should not be on top of the headrest where your neck is hitting/contacting the top of the rest. In an accident you want your head to fully contact the headrest and be fully supported by the headrest so that your head doesn't snap back and hyper-extend.

I tend to sit very upright when driving, it gives me the best feeling of control. On longer drives I sit back and my head rests comfortably on the rest. My current 135i doesn't have much adjustment to the headrest position, as it only goes up or down, but it works.
I don't recall on the new 3, does the headrest allow for any fore and aft adjustment, along with up and down adjustment?
I'm only 5'9" so I tend to keep the head rest low. It does have both fore and aft along with the up and down.
Really just wondering if anyone else's went all the way down.
All the BMW web pictures show the headrests all the way down.
Appreciate 0