View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

Not into playing games here.

I worked with the service department, was very calm about it, they looked at it and they were nice about it (though they should have been up front about the minor damage to begin with) and would try to repair it or replace. I expressed that I would like it replace but they said they would try to repair or they would have to eat the cost of a $400 rim. They claimed it usually takes a day and the wheel repair guy would look at it butwould replace if its not simple. They would go ahead and order a new rim and have it there in case.

Nice, perfect, starting out very good, no hassles great. They said the new rim would come in Tuesday. I said it made more sense to drop off Tues. expecting the results and if not have my car back with the new rim at the end of the day to match the other new ones, easy.....NOT.

DAY 1: Dropped off, they offered a loaner which I normally woudl take but I could be dropped off and picked up since I'm down the road and took off work. They said we have a shuttle but lets wait in the lobby and I'll come get you and see what we can work out. I waited patiently, sitting quietly, an hour goes by, then the next. After two hours thinking my car was being worked on or something which they should have done if they were providing good service, I finally asked the loaner/rental desk after I saw some people come and go. They found the service rep forgot about me in the lobby! They put me in a loaner, not happy I just took the loaner and left.

They called four or five hours later and I just missed the call and left a message saying the repair guy said I have annodized rims and can't be done on site and he would need to take the rim. I called back immedaitely and left messages that I thought we would replace it in this case and prefer they do that.

DAY 2: The next day I Email asking what is going on because I thought they would put the new rim on they ordered since now it is not an easy fix and I was concerned that I would end up with a wheel that does not look factory since these are now annodized rims. The response was "it is an easy fix and takes time" without telling me how much time or anything else than their manager would call within the hour to explain. No calls, I call and Email, no response. Wednesday came and went. I tried to Email at the end of the day, no luck.

DAY 3: Thursday I let it go until the afternoon and no calls or Emails. Early afternoon I attempt to call the manager and service rep, no answer, call main number, no one is available. Finally I just gave up and drove down there . Manager claims he tried to call me a couple of times. I have no calls on my called id or cell records show no calls, nor any messages. When I asked about the rim, they claim they had ordered the rim, had it in the back but said they wanted to try to repair anyway to see if it turned out ok but that would be done possibly Monday (3 more days). Then we have Chistmas holiday so who knows after that.

I'm trying to be reasonable but I thought this was not acceptable and the whole purpose of ordering a new rim was if it turned out to be more than a simple repair, to just put the new rim on. He said the rim was here and gave me a description. Turns out they ordered a 19" rim instead of the stock 18x8.5" rim unless they were being dishonest to begin with. He couldn't find the correct part number and dissapeared for a while.

I asked how much the rim was because this morning I went online and I saw it for $370 at Tischer and if they could order one from there(they are covering the cost). They came back with $800. Wow so BMW's own parts people are rippnig off BMW Service?

I'm not sure what the deal is but it appears to be something a little shady and dishonest. Be honest with people, do what you agreed to, simple follow-up so people don't have to wonder about coordinating going to the dealer or not, return a call with specifics so people don't wonder what is happening if you don't get it done on time.

DAY 4: Friday I contact Tisher, yes we have the rim, I can have it ready in 4 minutes. ?Uh?.... these other guys say it takes days to get one?

D-DAY 5 is Saturday when they said they will call me to tell me something. They would get the new rim, make sure it matches and call me. Really five days for this? They lose a loaner car, they cause me frustration for nothing, it costs me time, it costs them time and money to attempt to repair and all they had to do is put a new rim on. If the new rim isn't on and my car is back to me without a scratch on it, I will be contacting the General Manager. All for minor damage on the rim.. sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
The solution is to asked the dealer to now pay for a new set of wheels.
I'm serious. There is NO need for your wheels to be scraped and scratched. That results from carelessness by the installer, who is doing it the fast way not the correct way to keep your wheels protected.
And, their machine might be very old and doesn't have any protectors left on it.

I don't mind the black marks that the the result of tire material stretching across the wheel, that happens and it's normal. But, scratches and especially scrapes along/around the wheel are there because of the idiot who did the install. They should not be working in a tire shop if they don't know how to install tires without damaging the customers property, which is what has happened to your wheels, if they are now scraped and scratched.

Since the dealer employee did the damage, the the dealership is responsible to make things right and get either new wheels, or have your wheels fixed to your satisfaction.

You make the payments, or you paid your cash for your car. It's not the dealers choice nor the employees to damage your car and expect to get away with it.
Call the dealership owner on it. Start with the manager and work your way up if you need to.

Last edited by KevinJ; 12-21-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0