View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
Kozality
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport w/xDrive

Thanks much!

Our drive from Munich to Stuttgart was a delight. Between the break-in period, and the appearance of rain halfway through the drive at night, we didn't really get to stretch its legs much, but we did a brief sprint at 150kph that was fun. The car hardly seemed to be trying, but it was still a rush. Looking forward to getting past the break-in period.

We won't have broadband internet until the new year, so the pictures will have to wait. It was cloudy day for the most part, but the sun peeked out long enough for me to get some good pictures of the BMW headquarters. Both the museum and factory were closed, but the BMW rep gave us both vouchers for each, so we can come back any time and get admission and a tour.

Otherwise the pickup was great. The staff was wonderful, the car was immaculate, and getting to rest/relax in the lounge was fantastic. The rep was great in giving us a tutorial of the systems, which was probably more helpful than he might have thought considering we had a 2 hour drive ahead of us in a foreign country with a car we'd never really driven before!

I'm currently pricing out proper winter tires to replace my all-seasons, and will be taking some recommendations for "19s for the summer. The weather's mostly cleared up around here, but we had slush/ice on the road for a solid week earlier, and the M3 owners around here all say that if you want to drive the Alps, proper tires are a must. Who am I to argue. =)

More to come!
Appreciate 0