10-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #43
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
I have been in a few actual M cars (M3 and M Coupe) and neither of them had brake screeching and they are likely even more agressive pads. I have also never heard and Aston Martin or Porsche or Ferrari or [insert high performance car here] screeching like a 20 year old Oldsmobile. This argument makes no sense to me.

This argument also doesn't explain why half the M Sports do have the issue and half don't in the poll.
All of those cars are delivered with typical street pads. Just about all track pads (or aggressive street pads) have the POTENTIAL to do this. Not all do, but many do. It's remedied with the addition (or replacement) of pad shims. Looking at the ETK (assuming it's accurate) the pads are delivered with shims installed. It's possible they don't have a sufficient "rubberized" coating to mitigate the resonance.

Here's an idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.racingbrake.com/EVO-STi-T...r-p/bs1001.htm

They're not listed for the F30 application, but with a little searching I'm sure someone can find them. There's only so many Brembo pad applications.

Adding grease won't help. Especially since these are fixed calipers. ONLY the pads move. Nothing else.
Appreciate 0