View Single Post
      08-31-2015, 10:36 AM   #20
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Oh I see. So I think my options are:

1) Buy the cable/USB port, route the cable to the head unit. Mount the new USB port in the center armrest somewhere. I already contacted the seller and he said I'd need the longer version which he also has.

2) Buy the cable/USB port, route the cable between the head unit and the glove box. Mount the USB port in the glove box. This seems like it might be easier. As it is, getting to the back of the head unit has me a little nervous.

Is there maybe a third option? Looking at the pic that TMR posted above showing the cradle removed...it looks like the cable harness isn't nearly long enough to go all the way back to the head unit. Are there connections somewhere under the armrest where those plug in? I'm wondering if I could tap in there. And it's not clear, but are the cables actually hardwired into the cradle? Or are there connectors there too? MAybe I could plug into that end? (I'd just like to avoid getting at the head unit if possible. It seems hard.)

Edited to add...
Just watched a video of NBT removal. Ok, the only part I'm not sure of is the removal of the trim/center vents. That just pulls out using panel removal tools?

Last edited by Fronzdan; 08-31-2015 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0