12-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #39
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
6500K would be seriously blue, going on purple. 6000K is "brilliant white" and looks blue to oncoming traffic. I don't believe for one second that the stock HIDs are 4500K; I'd have said at least 5000K if not 5500K would better describe the colour I'm seeing but then light can be deceptive

I still say the visibility pack is the best thing on this car. It's been bloody amazing over the last thousand miles or so: most of which have been at night. Travelling down unlit, major roads in this crappy weather with the active high beam thingy is a truly unique experience and makes SUCH a difference to my driving and the adaptives on twisty B roads have been equally good
I read that a xenon lamp usually has a colour temp of 4300k, and 4100k has the most light penetration, and emits a 'white' light, so most car manufacturers use that; but if these fog lights are correctly described as 4500k (as it says on their box), then yes you're right, as they're bloody yellow! But as always, there is a lot of misinformation about, and people stating opinion as fact, when they don't really know. Hence my 'apparently', as I couldn't be sure

MaestroAl: surely the small difference to 5000k from 4500k (as my blatantly yellow fog lights apparently are) won't instantly transform them to pure, crisp white: what would you recommend for my 'white' fog light bulbs? I don't want any blue at all, just a proper white...

Last edited by MarkW83; 12-26-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0