09-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #148
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_F31_EBII View Post
Had my F31 finally opticoat today by Reflect Effect Parramatta yesterday. so much pollen flying near my office this afternoon and i have to rinse them. The good thing is they are easily washed away. My question is should i wash my car the next day?

Hi KT I was told not to wash it for a week after I got mine done. Needs to harden a bit I believe. It takes 30 days to harden completely.

After the wash this evening, I applied Rain-X on the windscreen and all the windows. Now they should go hand-in-hand with the opticoat! :-)

Have you had issues with your wipers in the past using Rain-X? I recall someone saying it made matters worse for them. I did find it odd.

Also, been watching Drive Youtube channel on Drive Clean by AMMO NYC. Really like the detailed videos on how to maintain the car and wonder anyone knows where to buy in Australia. Shipping from US is expensive!
Short answer - No. But after 30 days I used Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax ( soft wax made for dark coloured cars - I have mineral grey) after using ph balanced car wash and it looks great. Would work well on EBII as well.
Appreciate 0