02-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #19
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
The lift off position of the drivers side wiper was too far across the windscreen, so when I did lift the driver's side wiper away from the glass, it literally rubbed the clear coat & paint off the very back edge of the hood.

Mind you, this was a VERY tiny but noticeable chip, which could have rusted or grown over time.

All I did was show Stillwell BMW & asked them to reposition the wiper blade & touch up the chip. No, not good enough, they replaced the wiper as well because it had a little dent & mark on it.

All is good now. When I park the wipers in the lift off position & pull the driver's arm back off the window for washing, there is ample gap between it and the edge of the hood.
David

If I'm reading you correctly, your wiper arms can now be raised off glass when they are in the parked (off) position? If so, this has been one of my peeves with this car. So annoying that the wipers tuck underneath the hood so when I wash car I need to first move wipers so I can raise them and clean underneath.

FWIW, you wouldn't have to worry much about the hood rusting. Its Aluminum.
Appreciate 0