View Single Post
      04-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #168
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
What the base model of the platform is has nothing to do with how good/bad the actual model (S4 in this case) is. Guess what, RS models by that logic are also based on the a base model, does that make them junk? Should we judge the 335i based on a say a diesel or petrol 316i because that is a 'base model' 3-series?

What makes IMO the S4 more 'sporty' is the tq vectoring/active diff option. Wish BMW offered there on non-M cars.
Any BMW is RWD. Almost any Audi starts up as an FWD. That base isn't a sporty way to start with in the first place...

The points I mentioned I don't see in your arguments. That active diff is only suitable for wet/snowy conditions. And YES I want the 335i to have an M diff but it has the 'E 'diff wich is more or less alright. The whole Audi diff thing is nonsense imo. It doesn't take corners like a rwd or lets say a Nissan GTR. The only really sporty Audi is called R8 in my book.
And I know a thing or two about 'sporty' Audis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
I say the S4 is more sportscar oriented because besides the bigger engine than the A4, it has a sports suspension, upgraded rear differential, upgraded dual clutch automatic, summer only tires, aggressive sports seating, upgraded brakes, etc. It is clearly not a typical Audi designed for all weather conditions. It is designed to be a sports car version of the A4 giving up luxury for performance. The 335 can be altered thru options but it isn't the same IMO.
The 335i has better brakes than the 328i. Mine has sports seats , sports suspension and the electronic diff. I can drift with the thing. I had a E90 M3 a few years ago.
The 335i is the sportier car because the rwd basis and almost 50/50 weight bias plus weighing less is a better thing to start with. I don't see the point inthe S4 being sportier than the 335i. Alright, the S4 is sportier than a normal A4. The diff is a marketing gimmick which doesn't work properly. It's a tad better than the previous diff but it's still a nose heavy Audi.
Appreciate 0