View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
giddyup69
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335xi

people just have to remember.. that the only thing contacting the ground is a small patch of rubber from your tires. tires make all the difference in traction. all-wheel drive is great for getting better acceleration in bad weather.. but at speed u still rely on the quality of your tires for turning and braking in which part all-wheel drive will not help u at all. u need the right tires for the right conditions without them being completely bald.

i lived in south carolina for 2 years to do my masters. people are not used to bad weather conditions. the majority drove on balding tires. radio stations used to call out rainy days like it was a severe snow storm here in toronto. they are just not accustomed to poor driving conditions like we are. even a small ice storm would shut the entire city of columbia down. although i will admit that they have sometimes have some severe downpours down there as well. but the majority have no clue how to drive in slippery conditions as far as my experience down there went.