dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
wow, look good~! Hopefully I'll get to hear you as you drive by one day

have no idea how to fit it on but sounds like you diy'd it and was a smooth install?
Thanks Spikey. Yeah, it was DIY apart from cutting the pipe. It's pretty easy. There are just 2 rubber hangers holding the muffler in place, so once the pipe is cut, pull the old muffler out, put the new one in, and clamp it in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Nice!

Good work on the DIY too, but I don't think an exhaust shop would charge much for install..

P.s hope you don't mind if I use your pic for promo stuff (?)
lol, go for it Stu. Rather you use them than some random ebayer. I'll need a good deal on my next purchase though

Actually I did ask the guy this morning out of curiousity how much to do the whole job, but he wasn't interested. That was a bit odd. Quite happy to cut the pipe though. I'd rather do it myself anyway, and I didn't have the exhaust with me at the time, so it didn't matter anyway.

I think if they charge more than $60 for an install like this, they're taking you for a ride. It's probably about 20 mins work in a well equipped shop.
2000 E46 318i Cosmos Black
Appreciate 0