View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #13
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Well, if alpine white does not work out, could be a good excuse to update again in 3 years for the LCI, I like the wagon but it does look a little too "soccer mum" for and aging man like myself to be driving it. One of my customers neighbors had a 335 convertible in alpine white in his driveway and it looked great. Guess I will find out in 4 weeks wether it was a good idea or not.
I did look at the mineral white, but I was after that "pure" white look that alpine gives, reminds me of a 260Z that I restored back in the 80's and had it resprayed in the whitest possible baked enamel paint I think they called it 2 pack paint back in those days.
On another note, reflect effect recommend me leaving the car with them overnight for the opticoat to cure properly, so it looks like I'll have to spend an overnight stay in parramatta. There is a mobile detailer that lives in my suburb that does opticoat but I cannot find any reviews or customer comments on him and reflect effect was recommended by this forum.
Appreciate 0