11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
More curious ... why would you want to do this??? To be able to rotate them I pressume? Might look a bit weird (as fronts will stick out significantly farther out than your rears). You'll have a "staggered" look, but a backwards one lol...
A square setup will help get rid of the understeer. I'm thinking of doing a 18 inch square setup myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
Anybody have experience with a 255 square setup on the F30?

I'm thinking mounted on 8.5" ET 35 - should be 7mm less on the inside and stick out 5mm more on the outside for the front tire

Welcome comments on the fit - as well as handling impact at the limit
You should be fine with that. You could even do 9's all around at that offset if you want. The fronts can actually swallow a good amount of wheel. I know this because my front 8.5 offset is in the 20's.

For the rear if you are going to do a 8.5 et 35 maybe throw a spacer in there to balance it out. You can easily put a 12mm spacer in the rear with a touch of camber. Again I know this because of my current setup.

Before you ask I know the offsets on my setup but I can't post them yet do to a sponsorship agreement. They have to post first.

Good luck. Might I suggest some volks. A square TE37 setup would be !
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0