View Single Post
      09-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Smart move. Virtually a 1M but without the limited slip diff and M suspension set-up - but £10K list cheaper. Given its the next generation 1 series on from the 1M, I would imagine its very good on handling anyway.

Fantastic spec you got there - should be a great car.

I had a new 1'er yesterday as a loan car and was pretty impressed with it. First thing I noticed however was how light the steering was. Much lighter than my E90 330d LCI (and my car was much lighter than my old Pre-LCI 330d!). Noise levels from outside seem a little higher than a three that I noticed when idling at the lights. Handling was fab, the one I had was a 118i, probably SE model but very comfortable and little body roll - although I didnt really push it. Was surprised how well it went for "just" a 118i. But then checked BMWs website and its a 1.6 turbo engine with 0-60 of 7.4 secs!!! Not bad a all. One thing did annoy me was an very annoying "clunk" every time I took my foot off the brake pedal.

With regards to your lease, very tempting. Thats a good price but not quite my spec. I'm not fussed about the media pack and would rather put that cost towards several other options.
I'm trying one last-ditched attempted at getting a good deal on a 330d and should get the figures back from a dealer tomorrow. If that dont come good I'll hang on for a while and wait for some decent discounts.

Last edited by dopper99; 09-25-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0