View Single Post
      12-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #170
nyczyar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamorskii View Post
Mine is not a retrofit. This is a $600 OEM bumper. Additionally, to have it done right you will need everything that is laid out in post #2 from ModBargins (http://www.f30driver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011959), plus a lower cross bar that is bolted to those aluminum crash elements upfront, which is not pictured ($80 from a dealer).

Also note that there are 2 dampers for curb descent (#6 on this diagram) that attach to these aluminum deformation plates (#5), via a 1/4" blind rivet (#14), which you will need to install with a pneumatic gun.

Those same deformation elements also have auxilary radiator brackets that attach to them through a rivet, so it's not quite an easy-breasy job for a guy without correct tools. Don't get me wrong, I will probably add ModBargin rear bumper and sides next year, I just don't want you think that you can order theirs shipped to a body shop and they will have everything you need. They'll need to buy a couple smaller items, which are not that big of a deal.

I did the installation myself and had a family friend who works at a body shop do the paint, so those costs would not be meaninful to anybody on this forum.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know there's other minor stuff needed
Appreciate 0