11-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #11
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenshot View Post
I really need help in deciding what options will be popular with future buyers when it comes to sell the car in 3-4 years time. Here are the options which I categorise as MUST HAVES:
  • M Sport package
  • Bi-Xenon lights with washers
  • Dakota Beige interior and Wood trim
  • Sunroof
Can't make up my mind about these OPTIONS:
  • Estoril Blue or Sapphire Black?? Do you find that the M Sport body kit looks more striking in the blue but in black it sort of just "blends in" with it all
  • Heads Up Display (Included in sale price valued over $1500)
  • Comfort Access pack - keyless entry and auto boot opening (included in sale price valued at $850)
  • Upgrade to Prof Nav - this option costs about $1077 here in Australia. From what i've seen around this forum, it looks pretty amazing and makes the standard Nav look mundane and backward
  • Adaptive M Suspension $1077 - Not that many have ticked this box but those who have all seem to swear by it
  • Extended connectivity BT/USB + Voice recog $385
  • Digital Radio $385 - I listen to a lot of radio but I'm afraid the future M Sport buyer won't care much for radio?
  • M Sport Brakes $1077
Out of these undecided Options, I have a budget of $3000 to choose any combination of the above.

QUESTION: in the context that this is a 328i M Sport with Beige interior, if you were an interested buyer of this vehicle that also featured all of the MUST HAVES, what combination of OPTIONS up to $3000 would tickle your fancy and make you want to buy THIS car over others?? In other words, how would you spend the $3000 if you were to only choose from the OPTIONS list above?

Any suggestions welcome
Welcome aboard. Also come talk to us in the Australian section, if you haven't done so already.

Must Have:
M-Sport package. I waited 7, yes SEVEN months for mine. Hard and at times I thought the car would never be built, but once I took delivery of my 328i, all was forgiven. A BIG YES to that one.

Bi-Xenons. Just for the best looking DRLs on the road anywhere in the world!!! My 328i is the first with Bi-X for me. Well, call me a little strange, but I'm not as excited about them as some are. Maybe because so many of Melbourne's roads are very well lit. Still YES to this option.

Beige interior. Personal choice here. I have an all black interior and I LOVE it. I had the same in my just sold E90. Your choice for this option.

Sunroof. My 328i is my 4th BMW. I have had sunroofs in each of them. I enjoy the sunroof and make use of it whenever possible. YES to this one. Here in Aus, it is kind of expected in this type of car.

Undecided Options:
EB or SB. For you it has to be SB as I want to be the only one in Melbourne with EB!!!!! LOLOL. Well that was true for about 5 minutes a few weeks ago. Seriously, EB is stunning and I've seen the M-Sport in
white:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757602
black:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754921
of course EB:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757563
Hope these help

HUD:
I have the HUD and if you use the navigation, it is well worth the cost. Otherwise it pretty much displays digital speed full time, with alert pop ups along the way. If you like to change radio stations frequently or are on the hands free phone often, then yes, the HUD works well for your driving comfort. I would like to see the indicator arrows & even the fun to watch instantaneous fuel consumption on the HUD. Probably a few other bits of info along the way.
YES to the HUD.

Comfort Access:
I deliberately opted out of this one. I could have ordered one 7 years ago for the E90, but I don't have a problem pressing 2 buttons on the key fob. Some people are having small positioning issues with the kick open boot release. Happy choosing no to this one again.

Professional Nav:
If you are waiting for a 2013 build date, then from now, there is an upgrade to the Nav. Then it is an absolute YES to Pro Nav for you. Also, you answered the question/decision yourself.

Adaptive M-Suspension:
If you are going to take lots of country driving trips, then maybe yes. If you are staying in town, the M-Sport suspension, which is part of the M-Sport package, is just fine. If you drive very fast and take corners like an F1 driver, then probably yes. Not a major issue for me. I'm sure it's a great option to tick if you have unlimited funds. Besides, you can always upgrade the suspension with an after market one later on.

Extended connectivity & USB:
If you like to listen to music on your smartphone & upload from USB, then YES. Probably would rank as option choice 1 after M-Sport package.

DAB+ Radio:
Forget what a future M-Sport buyer would like. It's what you want now and for as long as YOU own the car. If you like DAB+ radio - you can access all of the stations here: http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au then yes for the variety over the limited choices via AM & FM. I like NovaNation & Edge Digital. The (music) sound quality from DAB on my hk isn't as good as I expected, but the genre choices are wide & varied. If you are an AM listener, then the DAB option would be worthwhile. Nonetheless, it was a very big YES for me.

M-Sport Brakes:
The standard brakes are brilliant for me for the time being. Maybe M-Performance brakes later if anything. Probably other priorities for you with limited option budget.

Answer to Question B:
With all due respect to you, do not bother yourself about what other people want in a few years time when you are buying the car for yourself NOW! When it comes time to sell your car, they will look at the age, price, how many kms you have travelled and how well it has been looked after. They won't care terribly much if it has this or that option as it is a second hand car. They cannot choose the options. If they could, they would buy a new one.

I just sold my 325i E90. It was sold very quickly (within 2 weeks of listing it on carsales.com.au) not because of the options it had - and I pushed those in my sals pitch - but because it was priced right, had very low kms on it, was looked after and drove perfectly.

We all have different option priorities, even when buying an M-Sport 3 Series. Pretty much all of the options are useful in one way or another. What suits you and your driving lifestyle/requirements?

Hope this long post helps you decide. See you in the Aussie section.
Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0