shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Wow...you guys are, as usual, expanding the frontiers of what's possible with coding. The whole community is grateful, even if you never publish the guide.

I just gotta ask: what happened with the bricked head unit? Was it possible to unbrick it by loading the original firmware?
There is a way to generate the SVT Target file automatically, which is preferred, and of course it can also be done manually. In some instances, the automatic generation does not work, and we have no idea why, yet anyway, so the manual method must be employed, which is very risky. It is assumed that during this manual SVT Target creation, a mistake was made.

The car goes in for service today I think. I am not sure if it can be recovered with ISTA/P or if the unit will need to be replaced. We shall see.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0