View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #15
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
Just a little background information that may or may not help. I used to work for BMW. The e90/92 used glass from high quality suppliers such as Pilkington for their German produced vehicles and Shatterpruffe for the late production South African cars. I noticed that all f30 side glass is now supplied by Fuyao, a Chinese supplier that likely supplies most bmw cars in their Chinese plant. Fuyao glass is used on all f30 side glass regardless of production location. You can identify it if you look near the BMW logo on your windows.

There is hope that the f32 will use non Chinese glass though, as I believe the 4 series concept has saint gobain sekurit glass. You can tell from some of the media photos bmw ag released. If there are enough complaints, maybe bmw will change glass suppliers by the lci for the f30.
If true, this is an outrage. Rusty seat frames, cheap interior materials, doors that sound like tin cans when you close them...and now, scratch-prone chinese glass! This kind of corner-cutting is really unacceptable in a 'premium' vehicle that costs upwards of $40,000.
Appreciate 0