02-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
I had reservations about getting a rwd car living in Barrie but with a Grand Cherokee as my second vehicle I went for a 320i last year. X drive was not available then anyway. First thing i did was replace the tires with Hankook Optimo S4 year round performance tires which are snow rated. The original tires with 500 km on them will go back on when the lease is over.

First large dumping of snow of the year fell on a friday night. Early Saturday morning I decide to test the car and tires before the plows got to my street. I was so impressed with the car I drove around aimlessly trying to get stuck to no avail. This car feels like its locked onto the road. I even turned off the traction control for a bit and I still got around albeit with a lot more wheel spin than with it on.

I know xdrive is nice and get it if you want, but if you really want a rwd 3 series and live in the snow belt, go for it. I believe quality winter tires on a rwd will serve you better than xdrive on stock tires. I love this car with these tires all year round. Especially in winter.
I believe x drive stock tire is an all season like the one that your car was delivered on. .....your 4s is an all season...NOT a winter tire. Glad it works for you . Good luck.

Last edited by 335BBS; 02-15-2013 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0