View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #102
rconti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 3.5d, Clownshoe, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Your guys are nuts, why is everyone moaning about more models? More models are good for everyone!
Because they're building more slightly-different-looking same-old-same-old models at the expense of offering us a more diverse lineup of engine and transmission combinations in the existing vehicles people already want?

Not saying it's a bad business decision, it might well be that the badge whores are upset to spend so much on a sedan and see 50 of the sedan every day, and wonder "why didn't I just buy an appliance car?" So instead they want to buy something "more exclusive" and "slightly more swoopy-looking" so they only see 20 of the same car every day... which might, in turn, drive sales. *shrug*

But I think there are a lot enthusiasts on these kinds of forums who *actually enjoy the cars for what they are* and don't particularly care if other people have the same-looking car.. and would prefer the diverse engine and transmission combinations I mention.

So that's why you see whining here about a decision that might actually play well for the mass market as a whole.
Appreciate 0