View Single Post
      08-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34.50 View Post
Exactly. From my CLS63 AMG, I had a Harmon Kardon setup, which was great. But, I used it rarely because I always wanted to hear the sweet soundtrack of the AMG exhaust. I would go for exhaust, and you can do stereo later
Thanks, honestly in an AMG it would be tough not to listen to that 6.3l V8, I can't fault you for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
Totally get that. Personally I would take the $1500 and invest in 4" black exhaust tips (which will solve the need to keep them clean AND will enhance exhaust burble), buy the speakers, and have money left over. Or use the remainder to further mod stock exhaust to enhance sound. I just don't think a 5hp gain is worth the expense.

But there are two key points here:
1) You can't go wrong with either of these upgrades
2) I automatically have respect for anyone with the MSE -- even though it's not for me -- since it's a tasteful and subtle upgrade.
You are making this tough for me now, however you do raise some good points. Both will cost me around $1,200. I can do the install of the BSW myself and that will cost about $850 but I will probably mess up the whole thing so its better to get it professionally done.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0