View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #32
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Ultimately it comes down to this: If you don't like BMW for whatever reason (oh no, the display's too bright and annoys me!), don't buy a BMW. Go buy an Audi or Honda or Toyota or Nissan or w/e.

Me, I've never seen/driven an Audi or Jap car that, in the words of Top Gear, "reached down my pants and gave it a little rummage" for the price range of the 3 series. And until that changes, I'm sticking with BMW.
True dat.

Every car has at least some flaws. It could be design, reliability, ride, price, durability -- whatever.

The thing that keeps me coming back to the 3 Series -- not the 5 and, oh no, never the 7 -- is that it is on balance the best car I've ever driven. To paraphrase Car and Driver, you could spend more to go a little faster (or get a completely blacked-out extended display) or a little less to save some coin, but nothing else comes close to the 3's overall capabilities, engineering and fun.

Every time I get in my car (less often these days because I don't drive it in the snow), I marvel at it. It's mostly a computer these days -- the wheels are largely there to prevent the computers from scraping the ground -- and it's the most bitchin' computer with wheels I have ever been in or driven.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0