View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Not to derail, but I'm curious as to how ED works. You mentioned a 7% discount. Sounds great, but are you responsible for getting the car to the US? I'd imagine that would be fairly pricey. Also, what about duties and taxes; are they factored in on top? It just seems like it's a more fun but more expensive route to go. Not really something one does to save money. Feel free to set me straight as I dont know much about it.
You pay for the car and all applicable taxes as if you were buying from your local dealer (you do the paperwork with the dealer as well). You save money on the car but you will need to spend money to go to Europe. Ideally, this works out if you were going to go to Europe for fun anyway. A good ED price is ED invoice + 500-1000 dollars. Some dealers will not know what they are talking about and refuse to budge off ED MSRP.

Some incentives do not apply to ED pricing, so YMMV may vary. the "other" BMW forum has a very comprehensive ED forum so I would suggest taking a look!

To the OP: I've heard that over 3-4 years, you should buy. No point in leasing to buy as that is the least cost effective method.
Appreciate 0