jenkspj
Jenkspj
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SOON: BMW 320i Xdrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnersj View Post
Update after a few more miles
Engine is loosening up well, very quiet with a smooth torque delivery it does not feel turbocharged at all. It has a subtle power step at 4500RPM and revs smoothly with a nice rasp. It is faster than it feels pulling the high gears well but you need to rev it to really wake it up. No as bad as my old E92 320i in that department but higher gearing can mask the extra torque. The downsides are it does not have the punch of the equivalent diesel or the economy which is hovering around 30MPG at the moment due to short journeys. It feels livelier in "Sport" mode but I have to keep remembering to switch this on as it defaults to "Comfort" all the time. The ride is a great compromise being well damped and smooth but not too soft. The standard steering is firm and positive, steering precisely without too much roll and doesn't feel skittish like my E92 sometimes did. The gear change is loosening up especially in the higher ratios and has a nice precise feel. No real problems so far other than the disappointing economy and the fact I wish I had not been so tight and ordered heated seats!
Hi Finners,

Good looking car!

many thanks for all this: I'm on the point of ordering a 320i X Drive M Sport Auotmatic Touring and am undecieded about the adaptive damping.
The sales guy said "don't bother"...but down here in cash strapped South Wilts there are places where a softer ride would be welcome.
The sales guy also said the Touring X Drive M Sports cars didn't have the lowered M Sport suspension, but in all other respects it is M Sport. But the Adaptive suspension does have the lowered setting.

As this will be my car, not leased and car tax paid I just have to pay for it, but don't want to regret not getting it!

Suggestions most welcome!
Appreciate 0