View Single Post
      04-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #38
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
This is pretty much what I expected from C&D. Whatever one may feel about their priorities, it is still one of the more consistent mags out there. And on that note, I don't think any other magazine in the US cares more about the elusive and subjective art of steering feel. So I would've been very shocked if C&D let this one slip without bitching.

They did still give the nod to the 3er, which many non-BMW owners would take as yet another proof that they are on BMW's payroll. I think that's non-sense, and in reality, it's because the A4 is getting old and the G is very old.

I think it's pretty clear that the F30 is a clear step forward in most areas, while a clear step backward in a couple of areas that some enthusiasts care deeply about.

I can understand the above statement, as well as many happy owners saying the F30 is superior to the E90. People have very different definitions of what constitutes signal and what constitutes noise when it comes to "sportiness".
Nicely put and well reasoned post. Also, if the F30 had better tires it would have done even better in this comparison test. I think BMW is making a mistake fitting low rolling resistance tires on the sport models of the F30 but I guess it's the same reason that there is stop/start and other fuel economy enhancement features.
Appreciate 0