View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

Hi All,

I just ordered my 335i M-Sport 6MT with European Delivery in early July and just started to plan the details of my trip. I want to take the car for a few laps on the Nordschleife, but upon going through the rules and regulations, etc. (http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin...ist-Drives.pdf) I found that cars with export plate are not admitted to the track. Thus, I was wondering how those who have done ED and took their cars on the track did it? This rule isn't really enforced or how does it work in practice?

In addition, it looks like the track is only open for 2 hours a day (from 5:30PM till 7:30PM) to the public in July on selected days, but I don't see that even when you book the tickets in advance you could reserve guaranteed admittance to the track on the given day you gonna be there. Is there some way to reserve a "spot" to avoid driving there and not being admitted?

By the way, how many laps do you recommend to do, 4 or 9? 4 seems to take nearly an hour, that already sounds to be quite a lot of fun and probably somewhat tiring too. Would you get that much more fun out of 9 than from 4? Can you take breaks between laps?

Thanks in advance! Any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0