View Single Post
      08-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #70
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobster1983 View Post
Those drivers of the cars you all posted were doing in excess of 150 mph. IIRC, The white m5 belonged to a member of m5board.com who was asking how to get more speed out of his car the day before. I think he was 18, was racing with three friends in his car along a closed runway (illegally) when he lost control, hit a dirt barrier and the car flew over 200 feet. Speed was likely around 180 mph.

People who are driving safely, will generally walk away from their accidents with the great job the BMW engineers have done. But you can always find examples where they didn't. That doesn't mean the car hasn't saved hundreds of lives.
My point was it's kinda silly for some to point out only the examples where people walked away and say that's why i dont mind paying more for a BMW or i only buy German cars.

The engineers at Nissan, Honda etc. also do a great job when it comes to safety...people have died in high speed crash in a Nissan 350Z, GT-R and also walked away without a scratch from those crashes.

I love German cars but just trying to be objective.
Appreciate 0