View Single Post
      06-07-2016, 10:06 PM   #12
jakou
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
I have Super Sports on my F31 and am very pleased with them. Their wet and dry grip is impressive. I have xDrive (I wish I did not), so that may not be a fair comparison. I find the compromise of comfort, grip and noise to be almost perfect for me.

I had a 135i and regardless of the tires (I had the Bridgestones, the Yokohama Advans) the characteristics of the turbo engine would break the wheels loose all the time.

Question is how is the grip and feedback in the corners? If you are getting good lateral grip, the answer is to ease off on the throttle.

I have Pilot Stort Cup 2s on my 1M and while cold they are a little stiff and have a tendency of being sliding a bit, once warm they are very sticky.

I find P-Zeros to be grippier when cool, but then the characteristics of the tires become less than ideal which cuts down on their useable life quite a bit. I used to get a lot of cupping on the fronts on my 993.

I wonder if it might be something to do with mixing XL tires, although according to this the XL tires should add better grip, generally the pressure ratings for the XL tires are higher.

TireRack says;

So according to the above, you are getting better grip up front. Why did you decide to mix tire types?

B.
My 1st choice would have been XL for all four tires, but unfortunately rear tire size 255/40ZR18 is not available in XL in my area so I had to mix.
Appreciate 0