06-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #18
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakou View Post
Hey guys, this is my 1st post.
I have recently bought a new 2016 320i Sport Line and immediately swapped the stock run flat tires with new Michelin Pilot Super Sport ones because I don't like the run flats noise and harsh ride. As expected the Michelins turned out to be really comfortable however, in many instances when putting my foot on the throttle I am experiencing a higher than expected wheel spin on the rears. This is happening at rather low speeds when accelerating a bit on corners or when pulling away. I expected the Michelins to be grippier and I am surprised that they actually are not. I was hoping that after a break in period grip would become better but after already 500km on the tires I haven't noticed any grip improvement. I have also tried lowering psi on the rears from 35 to 32 but no improvement either. I searched on the web regarding this, but I didn't get a really satisfaying answer. Hopefully someone can shed some light and give me a convincing explanation.
My set up is 225/45ZR18 95Y Extra Load in the front and 255/40ZR18 95Y Standard Load in the rear (The rears are not available in Extra Load in my area so I had to settle for Standard Load, but as far as I know it is OK to mix Extra Load with Standard Load). Pressure is 32psi for the fronts and 35psi for the rears, as specified on the car door label.
It could be a bad lot of tires. I can't image Michelin screwing up but anythings possible I guess.

Also, did you look under the hood. Maybe BMW stuck an M3 S55 motor in there by accident.
Appreciate 0