General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmobilboy View Post
Thanks shawnsheridan,

Just want to make myself 100% clear before my next step.
What is I-level you are referring to?
My FEM BODY CAFD got renamed to 255_255_255 due to time out when I FDL the code for auto start stop. (Finally i realized this is because car battery was off), Does it mean my cafd has nothing changed at all? So what you taught me below is to refresh the cafd by extracting from car ecu data?
The I-Level (aka I-Step) is the Integration Level of your car, which represents a package of firmwares for all your modules, and it corresponds to the version of ISTA/P last used to program your vehicle.

To determine your I-Level, go to VCM Module => VCM Master Tab => click Read under I-Steps:

Name:  E-Sys%20-%20Read%20I-Level%20Steps.jpg
Views: 106745
Size:  77.6 KB

The I-Step (current) is the one you want to match when you select the CAFD from the Detect CAF for SWE options (e.g. F001-08-09-550):

Name:  I-Level%20in%20E-Sys.png
Views: 25839
Size:  131.5 KB

When you lost power in the middle of FDL Coding your CAFD, it became corrupted. What I am having you do is insert the same CAFD in it's default generic state and then coding it based on your specific Vehicle Order (Production Date and Option Codes) so in the end you will have exactly what you started with before the power failure and CAFD corruption.

As I have repeatedly stated, so long as one isn't coding the DME module, you should code with the engine running, and will you never have to worry about loosing vehicle power mid-coding, unless of course you run out of gas.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 12-15-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
eni163.00