View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #91
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberland1 View Post
Im kinda of confused regarding DSC and DTC, what are the differences and how do i disable DTC. Is it the button on top of my Driving Experience Switch?

So i should disable DTC and drive on EcoPro mode?

I was going to buy the Blizzak WS70's but i saw these online for a good price so i bought these ones. Should have bought true winter tires, instead of performance winters. However, I bought these because these are recommended by BMW.

That was my first drive in a big snow storm, so maybe i wasn't used to it yet.

Thanks for the help everyone!
If you need to get some tire spin to get moving in snow, or getting up a slippery hill where you need wheel spin, then push the "DTC/DSC" button just once, do NOT hold it in.
By pushing the button once it will activate DTC-dynamic traction control.
DTC allows the drive wheels to spin when needed to get the car moving and keep it moving.

DTC can also be activated by setting the driver mode to "sport+", which is basically 'sport' mode with DTC added/+.

If you want to use comfort or eco pro mode along with DTC, then simply set the driver mode to what you like, and then push the DTC/DSC button once and let go.
If you hold the DTC/DSC button for longer than 5 seconds, DTC and DSC will be deactivated.

In normal DSC mode, traction control is aggressive along with stability control.
DTC gives a more dynamic level of traction and more dynamic stability control.
Appreciate 0