View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Exclamation BMW 4 Series Coupe Spied Against Audi A5. First Real Life Comparison Look

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW 4 Series Coupe Spied Against Audi A5. First Real Life Comparison Look
COMMENTS
Name:  bmw 4 coupe 8.jpg
Views: 19612
Size:  289.7 KB

It's no secret that the upcoming BMW 4 Series Coupe (F32) has its sights set squarely on competing with the Audi A5 coupe, and we've now spotted the F32 being tested directly against the A5.

Seen here is a F32 435i prototype (powered by N55, at least initially upon the model's introduction) parked next to the Audi A5, following some direct testing and during a lunch break for BMW engineers.

The photos give us a first look at how the 4 Series Coupe looks compared the A5, as well as a glimpse of it next to the F30 3 Series sedan. It's difficult to judge exact dimensional differences from the photos, but it's interesting to see the similarities and differences between the two directly competing models - especially how the new 4 Series looks more similar (than the outgoing E92 3 Series Coupe) to the A5 in styling with its new hind roof-window-trunk shape.

We will see the production F32 4 Series Coupe revealed sometime this Summer (with an auto show debut in the Fall). Production of the F32 coupe will begin this July 2013 (for deliveries beginning late August-September).

The F33 4 Series Convertible begins production in November 2013.

The US will get the 428i and 435i coupes, in RWD and xDrive versions. The European model lineup can be seen in this previous post showing VIN model lookup results.

The coupe and convertible models will be joined by the 4 Series Gran Coupe model in 2014.

Also see: 4 Series Coupe Spy Photo Compilation

Follow our 4 Series news, info, and features @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/4-series/

BMW 4 Series Coupe Spied Against Audi A5

Here's a review of a previously spotted production form 4 Series coupe (435i), which gives us a look at what's under the camouflage in the latest photos.

*Click on images for higher resolution*

Appreciate 0