View Single Post
      03-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Fester
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Porsche 911 (991) 4S

Thumbs up F30 328i wins CNET's editor's choice award!!!

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2012-b...ml?tag=nl.e435

Excerpt:

"In sum
The 2012 BMW 328i shows what good engineering can accomplish. BMW does not compromise the power or handling of the car while at the same time dropping two cylinders and significant displacement from the engine. The idle-stop feature could have been made to come on a little smoother, but I get the feeling that BMW thinks its drivers should not be afraid of the engine.
As for cabin technology, BMW is at the top of the game, keeping up with competitor Audi by bringing in connected features. You do have to pay for every little feature, but the quality of the tech makes it worthwhile. The navigation system's maps respond quickly and look good, while integrating traffic data and Google local search results. The stereo plays just about every source you can imagine and the Harman Kardon system does not buckle under stress.
The body of the 328i has a more conservative appeal, being a nice, smooth design without drawing particular attention to itself. It is recognizable as a BMW but not terribly different from recent generations of the 3 Series. It offers some good practical features, though, such as the way the rear seats fold down, allowing full pass-through to trunk."