TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
Hi TMP,

Yes, this caught me out too - no mention of it anywhere in the specs. I noticed the change when switching between comfort and sport in the early days of having the car, when the pedal felt too soft in comfort. Thought I must be imagining it, but it's for real. I drove the car in Sport for that reason alone in town, so I could brake to a stop more cleanly in the first 1,000 miles or so.

I quizzed my dealer about it when I was in the other day and, without pausing for breath, the guy said this the pedal firms up in sport. Why the heck don't BMW talk about this in their brochures? This is the stuff that matters most to the kind of people looking at brake upgrades. Exactly the same for VSS as well.

Anyway, the difference is very obvious - much firmer pedal in sport (quite a hard feel in fact) and very limited travel, which I love. BTW I don't know if the same thing happens with the standard brakes. I'd guess it does.
Will have a pay when back in the car Tues/Wed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
They are extremely smooth and not at all grabby. You could argue for spirited driving they don't bite early and hard enough. Perfect for daily driving.

If you require more, you need a full Brembo BBK.

Be prepared for a lot of brake dust, though.

Honestly, I bought them for the looks.
Yeah, worth it for looks alone, bonus for better performance