View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #190
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

It looks not too bad especially from the side............but after closer inspection there are some odd bits.

The bumpers I assume will not make it through to the final production car.

They seem overly busy and too sculpted.

Also the spy shots show traditional round rear exhaust pipes and not the Acura type rectangles.

Not sure about the front lights. I will say though the bleeding of the lights into the grill looks better on this version than the sedan.

Still cannot get over that straight hood line on all the new BMW's. I know there are pedestrian impact considerations - but Audi, Porsche and even VW handle the hood form much better.

Don't get the fake side gill. The new Cayman does a much better job. This one looks painted on.

Hood looks like the 5 series Batman hood when viewed from inside the car. I much prefer the current M3 hood with power dome.

The cup holders are odd. I can see whacking a big cup of coffee after an aggressive gear change (assuming they offer a MT). I am not a big fan of the current E92 cup holders - but at least the passengers cup is well away from the driver.

I cannot believe they still have the hand brake. I would have thought the 5 series button would have been more modern and less space consuming.

I do admit I prefer the mechanical brake however on my M3.

Interior I am sure will be fine. But this version is gaudy and overly busy. The structural panels suede look and wood grain dash parts are hideous. Hopefully there is a classier novillo version in extended like the current M3.

Like the mirrors and door handles and as indicated previously the overall side view and more aggressive stance than the E92 Coupe.

I imagine the M4 version will be spot on.
Appreciate 0