View Single Post
      06-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #100
phil b
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I ordered my 335i on March 20th and it did not get built until May 8th. The dealer told me that this was due to the not having any 335i slots left that were allocated to him and he had to trade with another dealer to get me in for a South African build. A German build was out another two months. The car sat in Durban, South Africa for a couple weeks and shipped on May 21st on the Grand Orion.

It is supposed to arrive in the port of Charlotte, SC on June 25th and then at the performance school (where I am picking it up) on the June 26th. Looking at the shipping schedule for the Grand Orion, it doesn't go to Charlotte, so I am assuming it is going to change ships in Bremerhaven to a WWL ship that does go to Charlotte. Looking at WWL schedules, no ships arrive on in Charlotte on the 25th of June, but two do arrive on the 7th and 10th of July. So that is when I am assuming my car makes landfall in the US.

Assuming it takes them a week (or more) to get it ready and time slot for me to pick it up, it is going to be 4 months plus from when I ordered the car to when I actually get it. A far cry from my last BMW that was only 8 weeks from order to pick-up.

At least I am still driving a BMW while I wait.

Phil
Appreciate 0