View Single Post
      07-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Wheel Spacers - Good or Bad?

Hi All -

Very quick question. I have a 335i M Sport on order w/ 19" M Sport Rims. After looking at all the various pics, seems as though the tires sit "in" on the car a tad too much (read that all BMWs leave 15-20 mm space between the fender to allow for the use of tire chains as winter tires or chains are mandated in Germany, so subsequnetly this room in b/w the fender will always be there when the car is designed).

Those who have gone w/ wider rims + tires (245 front + 275 rear) seem to have gotten that "flush" w/ the fender look. Sooo much better IMO. I am already getting a set of 19" winters (which is going to run me close to $2700), so I'm thinking wheel spacers is a good (and cost efficient) way to get a wider stance + flush look that will work w/ both sets of wheels without having to get a wider set of rims+tires.

I did some research and seems as though the only horror stories regarding wheel spacers have been from 1 of 2 things:

1 - Use of cheap (made in china) low grade material wheel spacers that have "failed"
2 - extremely large spacers 30mm+

I am thinking about going w/ 20mm H&R Trak+ BMW 3 Series Wheel Spacers (link below).

http://www.**********s.com/HR-BMW-3-...92-E46-E36.htm

Question is:

1 - has anyone put wheel spacers on their F30 (or past BMWs)
2 - any issues?
3 - what size would work best (flush look) on the F30 (as I don't have my car yet, I can't mesassure)

Would love input. Thanks guys.

Last edited by martinf79; 07-24-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0