08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #81
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Cue ranting and raving and chest beating from Texans ...
Hehe. I'm a Texan, but I've worked in Germany, spent a lot of time in the UK and lived in the Republic of California for a while too. I love wagons, I love just about anything rwd with at least some amount of torque. I don't like SUV's at all. But I just don't see any value of this car that the F31, F30 and E84 don't already do better.

It's great that BMW offers a billion choices now, but it sure seems that their focus is spread equally amongst all of those products, which is different from the "old" days when the 3er, 5er and 7er got lots of attention and were world beaters and the X and Z cars were sort of mild afterthoughts. Now everything seems much closer to being mediocre in equal terms.

I am truly miffed that BMW USA furthers this apparent weakness by limiting what we can have over here. We get the F31 but not with three pedals. We're told we'll eventually get an oil burning 3er, but no real information. We will never, ever, ever get another 3 or 5 door hatch after we were lukewarm to the sorry little E36 318ti they shipped over in the 90's. Our F30 328i gets substandard brakes and our M Sport F3x cars can't have factory installed M brakes. We may be bitter and make fun of some cars, but we also get screwed on lots of small issues (except price, we're fine with that).
Appreciate 0