View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #111
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Btw Jono, no joke but i am adding the following items to my own delivery checklist when i pick up the car... Depending how paranoid you are you might consider the same :-

- check for rusty seats (i will bring a torch)
- check no uneven suspension gaps in the wheel arches
- check steering rack clunk (i think another thread said turning full lock to lock will replicate... Not sure if it does on a tiled showroom floor)
- wiggle butt in drivers seat to ensure tight fitting leather

Might get my delivery person to drive round the block for suspension creak.

Also will check to make sure all the options are present and accounted for.

Thats my summary of the key issues known to date.

The steering wobble will require a freeway run after handing over your hard earned
Yeah I have a similar list. I'm also going so far as to install my own number plates as I like to fit them with the alignment just perfectly right!

A number of those issues were corrected starting December production including new steering rack, the rusty seats were fixed a month or so earlier I think. My car also has the new NBT Pro nav -- but I've checked the BMW Software Update site and already confirmed it has the new NBT Nav fitted which has different firmware updates from the old CIC version.

bmwvin.com is an excellent way of checking your spec, too - and as you have your VIN to track you can use it here also.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0