View Single Post
      12-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #14
AustinTrkJunkie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araemo View Post
So, you decided the 340 isn't enough of a track car for you?
I hate to say it, but yes. It's still a fantastic car for daily driving and occasional track day for novice or intermediate student, but its lack of camber really limits turn in (it simply pushes way too much) and I don't want to mod a lease with camber plates or coilovers to resolve that. The open diff also presented some issues on tight corners with putting power down. An LSD would solve that, but again don't want to drop $2500 on a mod for a leased car.

In the end it was no fun being the slowest out in the instructor group where I had been running mid-pack and playing around with other cars that run similar lap times (mid 2:30's at COTA), the 340 was in the mid 2:40's so it's a big delta in pace.

I guess my ego might be playing a part in this, as I do really like the car. But I tend to make impulsive moves on cars - in the last year and a half have gone from an E90 335 to an E90 M3 to this F30 340i. Might as well complete the transformation and get with an F80

Seriously, had the S65 not started making ominous engine sounds and top end clatter, I would have kept it. Just didn't want to risk replacing a $10-15K motor out of warranty.

OP, sorry for the thread-jack!
Appreciate 0