View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

Thanks for the detail

This is why I went to the dealer so this wouldn't happen. If the damage were just around the lip it would be ok, but they marked up the outside and dug into the rim about 8-10" around and also other places.

I have been trying to work with them but they aren't working with me. They gave me a date which they would put the new rim on, which they didn't do. They were trying to re-annodize the rim or something which I said I don't want if it won't match. They still proceed to do that. They aren't returning calls, vaugh on details where I had to show up there. They ordered the wrong part.

Five days the car is on a jack stand on the axel. Will that cause any issues?

So at this point I perceive that they have far more problems at BMW of Alexandria. Your knowledge of the issue is a tell that their installer doesn't know what they are doing then. Rims are now much like any other body part and now expensive. You would think they know better how to handle this by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
BMWNA requires dealers purchase a leverless tire mounting machine.

BMWAG uses Hunter products (USA made) in their Germany, USA and SA factories.

http://www.hunter.com/tirechanger/index.cfm

Problem is that dealer has inexperienced person operating machine or they don't maintain the machine such as changing the plastic guide tips that wear out. When they wear its metal to aluminum rim which causes scrapes.

Tell dealer they need to remedy or buy you a new wheel.
Appreciate 0