First Look at BMW F30 Dominating the Display at 2012 Detroit Auto Show NAIAS

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
It's all 3-Series in their new display for the 2012 Detroit Auto Show

Name:  f30-detroit.jpg
Views: 15405
Size:  188.0 KB

BMW Press Release from earlier this month:

2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan to Premiere at The North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 9th

December 20, 2011

Additional Featured BMW Vehicles Include: 2012 BMW ActiveHybrid 3 (World Auto Show Premiere); 2012 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 (North American Premiere) and The First Two BMW i Concept Vehicles – BMW i3 Concept and BMW i8 Concept

The newly-redesigned 2012 BMW 3 Series Sedan will make its World Auto Show Premiere at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Monday, January 9 at the BMW Stand from 11:40 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. at COBO Center, One Washington Boulevard Detroit, MI 48226. Also premiering in Detroit will be the BMW ActiveHybrid 3 (World Auto Show Premiere) and the BMW ActiveHybrid 5 (North American Premiere). Additionally, the automaker will showcase the first two concept cars from its visionary and sustainable new BMW i brand – the BMW i3 Concept, or Megacity Vehicle, and the BMW i8 Concept, which can be seen in its previous form as the Vision EfficientDynamics in the new film, “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” starring Tom Cruise.

The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan will be the first BMW to be available in three lines: sport, luxury or modern, in addition to the base model, it features powerful styling meant to represent a fresh interpretation of traditional BMW design cues – with greater visual flair. The BMW 335i comes equipped with a muscular TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder engine, while the BMW 328i will feature a new TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder variant which offers both a dynamic driving experience and reduced fuel consumption. The all-new BMW 3 Series Sedan arrives in U.S. showrooms in February 2012.

The 2012 BMW ActiveHybrid 3 is the world's first-ever full hybrid among the compact sports sedans of the premium segment. The 2012 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 brings together BMW’s 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder engine, an electric drive system and an eight-speed automatic transmission for the first time. Both vehicles boast an exceptional balance of performance and fuel economy.

The first two vehicles from BMW’s new visionary and sustainable brand, BMW i – the fully electric BMW i3 Concept and the hybrid-electric BMW i8 Concept – will be showcased in Detroit. The BMW i3 and i8 Concept vehicles represent the first purpose-built electric and electric-hybrid vehicles to be made primarily of carbon fiber when they become available in 2013 and 2014, respectively.
Appreciate 0