03-23-2023, 04:46 PM   #279
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYTSOUT View Post
Long thread. Didn't pour over every single post, but I did skim each page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's how I'm seeing it:

1) This is mostly a pre-LCI, 4cyl issue. We only saw a couple reports of 2016+ cars and/or 6cyl cars having TC failures.
2) This may or may not be a staggered issue, but running square can't hurt.
3) xDelete may not prevent it, but it also can't hurt.
4) Changing the fluid may help, but it also can't hurt.

All that said, I've got a 2017 340i so I'm guessing that combo is relatively "safe"...or maybe safe it's the word, but maybe "at less risk". Is that a reasonable statement? If I wanted to reduce my risk further, running a square setup, using xDelete, and changing the fluid are the lowest hanging fruit to further reducing my risk (I have zero interest in taking apart my TC to replace guibos, loc-tite splines, etc).

Am I missing anything??

Also... FaRKle! ...you have a plane?! Sheet 3 of your spreadsheet has info about your aircraft
I agree with Enabled that you're quite safe with a 340i xDrive since the engine is one of the smoothest (least vibrations) around, and you have the rubber giubo preventing vibration chattering of the TC flange teeth.

Running square or running in RWD mode I don't think reduces the risk any. If anything I'd say the data conclusively says that square/staggered has no correlation with the issue.

As for the plane... I think somebody edited my sheet thinking it was theirs haha. I also noticed the document was renamed to "Nimetön laskentataulukko" which looks Finnish to me, but I have zero idea what it means!

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
LYTSOUT191.50