08-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #29
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I've been training for the last 10 years with a friend of mine, Mike Taylor, who trains directly with the Gracie's, and several other high profile UFC fighters. We train in BJJ (no Gi), Jeet Kun Do, and Muay Thai. Mike is a 3rd degree black belt in BJJ and Jeet Kun Do. He's a great teacher, and I've learned a lot in the last 10 years.

I'm planning to get in top shape soon, and begin competing at the amateur level. I also have an in with Bodog, so if I do well at all, I may get into the Bodog circuit.

I fight for the reassurance it gives me that I'm not made of glass. I like stepping into the ring and going toe to toe, and knowing that I'm strong willed and strong bodied enough to not back down until I know I'm beat, if I'm beat.

I think every man needs to fight every once in a while, just to prove to yourself that you are the man you claim to be. If you get your ass handed to you, then it's humbling and you'll either shut up or step up. If you win, then you can rest assured that you can defend yourself and your loved one's and that you're not a liar.

Just my .02
Appreciate 0