View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #557
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

I'm even more confused about this vibration issue, after watching the video.

I've been under the impression this vibration is a 'frequency' type of thing, similar to a wheel balance issue (hence why wheels have been included in the solution seeking process by dealers and BMW). Some have implied it may be an electrical induced thing, from the EPS, more like a buzzing sensation, from some of the descriptions posted.

What I'm seeing appears, (if I'm seeing it right) as the sort of thing many cars will induce on poor and random road surfaces, when you let go of the wheel. The video doesn't seem to show any particular vibration frequency, looks very random and varies in intensity to my vision.

I'm either missing something here, or it appears there are several types of issue, all mixed up in these threads. Then labled "the steering vibration" fault.

If that is what everyone is experiencing, I'd be looking more to road surface induced feedback. Many hydraulic systems can have a similar sort of feedback, unless completely numb to road feedback.

I'd like to see the comments of others against that video, as the video is nothing like what I was expecting to see as a "vibration".

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0