View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #562
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Have a new i335 m-sport with the 19's, pretty much everything except NO DH package. It is due to land in NY on the 25th. I am scheduled to pick it up around the 31st. I've been watching this thread and I can honestly say that BMW probably does not have a viable fix because they just cannot determine exactly what is causing it... and most new vehicles may not even have the issue at all (seeing many posts that say they do not have the problem). I've seen posts that say the problem has totally gone away after a rebalancing, or a new tire, and other posts with more extreme fixes and they are good too. Then again, many have had similar work done with perhaps only marginal improvement, or none at all. If the steering system is in fact the issue as many suggest, then obviously the problem would not go away by simply replacing one bad tire or a rebalancing (as some have indicated was the only problem). So I'm sure BMW cannot tie the issue down to anything in particular which in turn is why they are not responding with a fix.

There are quite a few posts and I could have missed it, but I have not seen a post where someone is experiencing the issue and has swapped out the wheels and tires (to their winter set), and indicated if the problem still existed.

I am going to drive the car on the 19's w/the summer rubber, (exact tire brand not known yet), here in Connecticut for about a month or less depending on changing weather temps and conditions. I already have on order a full set of new non-runflat winter tires and rims (18's). *IF* I have the issue with the 19's, I will be curious to see if the change-over makes any difference. Either way, I'll post again around the 1st of November whether or not I have the vibration problem and then go from there.
Appreciate 0