View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #44
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Where's the selection for 335iT 6MT? Not that I can have one, but that's what I would want. I'm all about the wolf in sheep's clothing. Folks have very low expectations when you pull up in a wagon. I'm in the process of building my own E34 M5T. If I ever get around to finishing the S38B38 build anyway.
Yes, we can get the 335i wagon in the UK from March, but I doubt we will see a lot of them in the UK, however good the car is. The diesel will take the bulk of sales due to company car tax implications.

I'm only in a 535i wagon due to not many takers and initial depreciation taking a massive hit, which makes it a viable car to own for lowish annual mileage. Mine is an ex BMW HQ car, over 40% off new list, at just over a year old and less than 6k miles. That is the prudent way to buy into a 335i/535i in the UK.

New 335i/535i cars are not really on the private buyers list either, as diesel still gets the vote. Virtually financial suicide if you don't keep it long term.

Shame, but in the UK larger petrol engines have a very limited market these days.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0