View Single Post
      08-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

Did anyone test drive both 2013 335 and 2013 S4 before making any comment? I test drive both car this Saturday? I been a long time bimmer and made the switch this Saturday based on simple criteria.

Road Noise.

I had Bimmer:
E36
E46 ZHP
07 E92 335
09 E92 335xi.

I can tell you, as i grew older, the road noise coming from my E92 made it sound like a train.... not talking about Muffler or Engine noise.. simple road noise.

Just in general not happy with my e92, so I went to test drive the E30 335i when the BMW was hosting Olympic test drive event.

E30 has the same road noise exhibit in my E92. I can hear the travelling on the road. and also cruise at 60Mph seem to be louder then my E92, which was weird. I should not be hearing engine cruising... or the road at all.. Yet i seem to be picking up all those...

Compare to 2013 S4 test drive an hour before I test drive the E30.

I am at the age that trash talk on which car is faster then which car by 0.5 sec blah blah blah...don't matter...

I am talking about finesse of road drive experience.

2013 S4 id dead quiet inside. Both car test drive with windows closed, AC on, and music off.

S4 is dead quiet. I can talk to wife and kids.. without shouting and not able to hear anything beside hum hum hum from the Car....

E30, i can hear I am traveling on road.. much like my E92. Engine seems to be loud at cruising speed.

anyone else has similar experience with their E or F car?